SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
ROCK CLIMBING SUMMER CAMP
Young climbers of all ages will discover adventure at climbing camp. Campers will challenge themselves playing fun games, learning climbing techniques, and how to belay while building confidence, focus, and team work skills.
We are excited to announce summer camp for the 2020 season which will begin Monday, August 10th!
Summer camp will run from Monday August 10th to Friday September 4th.
Please fill out a new waiver for children attending camp as well as an additional waiver for COVID-19.
- Masks must be worn in the gym at all times regardless of distance.
This is our signature summer climbing camp. Campers are grouped based on age and climbing ability so that everyone can be challenged and have a great time! Our program focuses on team building and offers activities that build self-esteem and foster creativity, concentration and problem solving. In addition to climbing the kids will crate-stack, climb the giant ladder, slackline and more.
Monday - Friday
9am-12:15pm or 12:45-4pm
$75 per day or $350 for a full week
ROCK ON is a modified version of our outdoor climbing ROCKOUT! Due to COVID-19, there will be no outdoor trips. Campers will learn more advanced climbing techniques, belaying, and tying knots.
Ages 12-16 only
Monday - Friday
Cost $400 - week long signups only
SUMMER CAMP COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Please read the safety protocol measures we are taking to ensure that all campers and staff stay safe and healthy during the 2020 summer camp season.
- Each session will have a maximum of 10 participants, with no camper attending more than one session per day. Additionally, no instructors will staff more than one session per day. For spacing purposes, every session will have its own pick-up and drop-off times. See below for full details on our pick-up and drop-off procedure.
- Participants and staff in each session will maintain physical distance and avoid interactions with other sessions. There will be a maximum ratio of 1 instructor for every 5 climbers per session, with a head instructor assigned to each session.
PICKUP AND DROP OFF
We will be implementing a pick-up and drop-off schedule for each camp session.
AM Camp - 8:50 Drop-off / 12:15 Pick-up
PM Camp - 12:35 Drop-off / 4pm Pick-up
RockOn! - 9am Drop-off / 1pm Pick-up
- Our parking lot will be divided into two lanes, with the lane closer to the building designated for pick-up and drop-off. Parents will wait in their cars for an instructor.
- During drop-off, instructors will approach your car. They will confirm all children being dropped off have a completed health screening. Instructors will then escort the kids into the gym, where they will have their temperature taken and wash their hands before joining camp.
- During pick-up, an instructor will approach your car to confirm which kids you are picking up. They will escort the kids from the gym to your car.
- Please note we will keep a list of adults that are approved for pickup for each child. Anyone picking up that is not on the list must be confirmed prior to pick-up.
- All employees will be screened daily before entering the gym. This includes a brief questionnaire about any current symptoms as well as temperature checks.
- Screening will be completed daily for each child. Each camper must have an online health screening form completed and temperature check completed before camp each day. This form must be completed the night before or the morning of camp.
- For everyone's safety, if you answer yes to any of these questions, your child will not be allowed to attend camp that day.
- Any camper displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home at the staff's discretion. These symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- The screening questions are:
- What is your child's First and Last name?
- Has your child been in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for or has had symptoms of COVID-19?
- Has your child tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Has the child experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Masks must be worn in the gym at all times. Instructors must wear a mask anytime they are interacting with campers regardless of distance.
- Campers are permitted to take off masks while outside (but will still be encouraged to wear them).
- Campers are permitted to remove their mask to drink water and during snack time, but only if they are more than 6 feet from another person. Snack time will be staggered so no more than 5 campers at a time will have snacks.
- Campers will be assigned to a cubby at the beginning of the week. This will be their cubby for the entire week of camp. Rental gear will be stored in each camper's cubby for the duration of the camp week. Campers will not share rental gear or any other personal items.
- Campers will not be permitted to use the water fountain. Please make sure they bring enough water! We will have bottled water available for purchase.
- Campers will be reminded about distancing and encouraged to stay more than 6 feet apart from each other. Instructors will remain more than 6 feet from campers as often as possible, unless safety requires them to be closer.
- Camper and staff will wash hands upon arrival, between all activities, after using the restroom, before eating, and before leaving.
- Shared objects and commonly used surfaces will be disinfected after every camp session.
- Parents will not be permitted inside the building during camp, to minimize risk.
- If a camper or instructor tests positive for COVID-19, or are suspected of having COVID-19, we will follow the disinfection and operating procedures detailed in NY State’s “Guidance for Child Care and Day Camp Programs”. This procedure includes a 24 hour shutdown period for disinfection and not allowing any individual who made close or proximate contact with the confirmed or suspected case to return to TRC for 14 days.