TEAM ROCK TRYOUTS
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH
Team Rock is our nationally ranked, competitive youth climbing team at The Rock Club! Our team is geared towards climbers under the age of 18 who want to bring their climbing to the next level in a supportive, yet challenging environment. The team trains 5 days a week from September to June in preparation for official USA Climbing competitions, which occur throughout the year at gyms around the region, with the goal of qualifying for a spot at Nationals. Team Rockers have gone as far as representing the United States at championship events around the world!
We aim to create a culture of success in which every climber can reach their full potential, both physically and mentally, while feeling like an equal part of the team. Every practice will ask kids to push their climbing skills to the limit, but equally important to us is fostering traits such as self-confidence, integrity, sportsmanship, and leadership. We strive to mentor our climbers into well-rounded people, both on and off the wall.
Team Rock’s coaches ensure that these traits are fostered in each team member in order to create well-rounded athletes who can count on a caring environment. Team members are chosen not based on climbing ability alone, but also on their desire to improve, determination to work hard, and willingness to contribute to our team environment. Join our Team Rock family!
- Bouldering season takes place from September to February
- Sport/Speed season takes place from February to July
- Team Rock coaches attend at least 3 local competitions per season, as well as Regionals, Divisionals, and Nationals
COSTS AND COMMITMENTS
- Team dues are $400/month from September until June (sibling discount available)
- Team members must be able to attend at least 2 practices a week for the majority of the school year
- Team members must adhere to the Team Rock Code of Conduct
TEAM MEMBERSHIP PERKS
- Annual membership for team members
- Discounted parent membership at TRC
- Discounted gear from the TRC shop
- Discounted gear from our sponsors
- Organized Team trips and events
- Free Team Rock jersey every year
WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM?
If you’re interested in trying out for Team Rock, email Head Coach Jenny Fryer at email@example.com for an application and Team information packet. Tryouts take place in September, but individual tryouts can be arranged throughout the year.
We encourage anyone who’s interested to apply, but generally find that those without any organized climbing experience (like Camp TRC or junior programs), as well as those who aren’t able to commit to attending Team practice at least 2-3 days a week, are better suited to a non-competitive environment. Our junior programs and private lessons are the perfect place to start, and for those a bit farther along in their climbing careers, but not quite ready for competition, we now offer a pre-competitive team called Rock Squad! Get in touch, and we can find the perfect solution for you.