Rules & Policies
WAIVER & CHECK-IN
All visitors, regardless of whether or not they are climbing, must have a valid waiver filled out in order to be in the facility. Only a parent or court-appointed guardian may sign for a minor.
Everyone entering the gym must check in at the Front Desk.
BELAYING & SAFETY
To belay on top rope, climbers must pass a Top Rope belay certification test. Similarly, climbers must pass a Lead certification test to lead.
- Climbers must tie-in with a double figure-8 and a minimum 6-inch tail
- Climbers must belay standing up and display proper belay technique
- A lead rope must be a minimum of 30m in length
Everyone belaying must display a TRC belay tag.
No teaching or instruction is allowed in the gym, except by TRC staff, including but not limited to: top rope belaying, lead belaying, tying in.
Must be 14+ to boulder. Children under the age of 5 are not allowed in the bouldering area.
Parents/legal guardians are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children at all times. If we assess your child’s conduct as unsafe or inappropriate for our gym, we may ask you to correct them.
Children under the age of 14 must be supervised at all times. Running, yelling, gymnastics, or playing with ropes is not allowed.
Children under the age of 12 using the auto-belays must be clipped in/out by an adult and cannot be left unattended.
Dogs are welcome as long as they are friendly, quiet, and well-behaved. Dogs must be leashed and supervised by their owner. Dogs are not allowed on the mats.
No food, gum, or drinks besides water allowed on the mats.
No climbing barefoot, in open-toed sandals, hiking boots, or hard soled shoes.
No climbing with rings or hanging jewelry (rubber rings are okay).
TRC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Drugs, unauthorized alcohol, and foul language are not permitted. Offenders may be expelled without refund.
TRC reserves the right to expel any patron for any reason whatsoever.
MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT
The member agrees to conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards TRC staff, members, and customers.
Respectful conduct includes, but it not limited to:
- following staff instructions
- seeking amicable resolution to conflicts with staff or other customers
- communicating complaints to our staff/management in a direct but understanding manner.
Failing to adhere to respectful conduct will result in a warning, suspension, or termination of their membership. Furthermore, repeated failure to adhere to respectful conduct may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the facility.
The member also understands that severely disrespectful conduct, including any conduct that is violent, threatening, or harassing will result in the immediate termination of their membership and the possibility of being banned from the facility. If a membership is terminated for a code of conduct violation, no refund will be given.
MEMBER GUEST POLICY
Members of TRC may bring UNLIMITED NEW TO TRC guests per month on a free daypass. The member must be present when their guests are on the premises. Guests are required to check-in at the front desk, sign all waiver forms, and pay for any needed rental gear. An individual is only allowed to be a free guest once at TRC and may come in at a discounted day rate of $10 once as a member guest.
FREEZING A MEMBERSHIP
All Annual, 6-Month, and Climb + members may freeze their membership, for up to a month, once per calendar year. Requests to freeze must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the month to avoid charges for that month.
Month-to-Month members may freeze their membership, for up to a month, twice per calendar year. Requests to freeze must be emailed to email@example.com by the 15th of the month to avoid charges for that month. Month-to-Month members that wish to freeze additional times will be required to pay an initiation fee to unfreeze.
Other memberships cannot be frozen or suspended except as described in Consumer Right To Cancellation below.
- Membership specials: May not be frozen or cancelled under any circumstance.
- Month-to-month: Membership may be cancelled at any time with 15 days notice prior to the 1st of the month. Notice must be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Memberships are not transferable and refunds will not be made for unused time.
- All Annual, 6-Month, and Climb +: You may cancel before the end of your contract in the following circumstances.
- You relocate your residence more than 25 miles from TRC
- You become disabled or deceased
- TRC ceases operation
- If you do cancel due to one of those circumstances, the following fees apply depending on how long you membership has been active
- Within first 6 months - $100 cancellation fee
- Within the last 6 months - $50 cancellation fee