- Please click here for COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols.
- Everyone entering the gym must check-in at the Front Desk.
- Reservations for climbing are NOT required at this time.
- Everyone must have a valid climbing waiver. Only a parent or court-appointed guardian may sign for a minor. Anyone without a waiver must remain in the check-in and observation areas.
- Parents/adults are responsible for their children. Children under the age of 14 must always have direct adult supervision unless enrolled in programming.
- Climbers must pass a Top Rope belay test to belay on Top Rope and a Lead belay test to lead. If you pass the belay test with an ATC or other belay device, then you must re-test if you want to use another device like a Grigri and vice-versa.
- Climbers must tie-in with a doubled figure-8 and a minimum of a 6-inch tail.
- Climbers must belay standing up and display proper belay technique.
- A lead rope must be a minimum of 30m.
- TRC reserves the right to revoke belay-certification for any reason whatsoever.
- No climbing barefoot, in open-toed sandals, hiking boots, or hard soled shoes.
- No climbing with rings or hanging jewelry (Rubber rings are okay).
- No food, gum, or drinks except water allowed on the padded landing surface. No water bottles or personal belongings in fall zones.
- Participants will be charged for unreturned rental gear.
- Everyone belaying must display their belay tag.
- No teaching or instruction except by TRC staff including but not limited to top rope belaying, lead belaying, tying in.
- TRC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Drugs, unauthorized alcohol, and foul language are not permitted. Offenders may be expelled without refund.
- TRC reserves the right to expel any patron for any reason whatsoever.
- Climbers ages 14 and under are not allowed to boulder in the gym unless the following criteria are met:
- Must be a member of Team Rock
- Must have approval from their Club Rock instructor
- Any climber 14 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the gym.
MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT
The member agrees to conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards TRC staff, members, and customers.
Respectful conduct includes, but it not limited to:
- following staff instructions
- seeking amicable resolution to conflicts with staff or other customers
- communicating complaints to our staff/management in a direct but understanding manner.
Failing to adhere to respectful conduct will result in a warning, suspension, or termination of their membership. Furthermore, repeated failure to adhere to respectful conduct may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the facility.
The member also understands that severely disrespectful conduct, including any conduct that is violent, threatening, or harassing will result in the immediate termination of their membership and the possibility of being banned from the facility. If a membership is terminated for a code of conduct violation, no refund will be given.
MEMBER GUEST POLICY
Members of TRC may bring UNLIMITED NEW TO TRC guests per month on a free daypass. The member must be present when their guests are on the premises. Guests are required to check-in at the front desk, sign all waiver forms, and pay for any needed rental gear. An individual is only allowed to be a free guest once at TRC and may come in at a discounted day rate of $10 once as a member guest.
FREEZING A MEMBERSHIP
All Annual, 6-Month, and Climb + members may freeze their membership, for up to a month, once per calendar year. Requests to freeze must be emailed to email@example.com by the 15th of the month to avoid charges for that month.
Month-to-Month members may freeze their membership, for up to a month, twice per calendar year. Requests to freeze must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the month to avoid charges for that month. Month-to-Month members that wish to freeze additional times will be required to pay an initiation fee to unfreeze.
Other memberships cannot be frozen or suspended except as described in Consumer Right To Cancellation below.
- Membership specials: May not be frozen or cancelled under any circumstance.
- Month-to-month: Membership may be cancelled at any time with 15 days notice prior to the 1st of the month. Notice must be by email to email@example.com. Memberships are not transferable and refunds will not be made for unused time.
- All Annual, 6-Month, and Climb +: You may cancel before the end of your contract in the following circumstances.
- You relocate your residence more than 25 miles from TRC
- You become disabled or deceased
- TRC ceases operation
- If you do cancel due to one of those circumstances, the following fees apply depending on how long you membership has been active
- Within first 6 months - $100 cancellation fee
- Within the last 6 months - $50 cancellation fee