Rock Climbing Camp
We offer a variety of camps at The Rock Club. Each promotes fitness, team building and confidence through a variety of activities including climbing, obstacle courses, games, and more!
You can use the calendar below to register for camp. Please keep in mind the following:
If you plan to book 5 days of camp or less:
- Create an account using the blue login link located at the top of the calendar
- You can then select the individual dates for which you’d like to attend camp
- Camp days must be booked individually
If you plan to book 6 days of camp or more:
- Please call us at 914-633-7625 to register
If you'd like to be placed on a waitlist, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your name, email and phone number
- Your child's name and DOB
- The days you want to be put on the waitlist
SESSIONS: 9AM-12:15PM & 12:45-4PM
Looking for a fun activity for your kids during school breaks? We offer a variety of vacation mini camps for children of all ages and levels. Each day brings a new adventure, from swinging from rope ladders and blasting through obstacle courses to crate stacking and table climbing. Older children may even learn how to belay.
We also offer one day mini-camp almost any day kids have off from school! Check out our calendar or call us for more information.
• $375 - Full week
• $75 - Per day
Vacation mini camps are offered during the following school breaks:
• Winter Vacation
• February Vacation
• Spring Vacation
SESSIONS: 9AM-12:15PM & 12:45-4PM
More than just climbing, Camp TRC offers a full range of activities to engage and challenge your child. From arts & crafts, low ropes activities, gaga, kickball, and of course, plenty of rock climbing, our fully air-conditioned, rain-proof facility is the perfect place to spend your summer. Our professional, trained staff will make sure your child’s summer is one to remember!
Whether your child is an experienced climber or just learning the ropes, our program offers the best climbing in the tri-state area while also providing activities that builds self-esteem, creativity, concentration and problem solving. Campers will be grouped based on age and ability so that everyone is challenged and has a great time! We offer fully flexible signups, so your child can spend one day with us, the full summer, or anything in between.
• $375 - Full week
• $75 Per day
SESSIONS: INDOOR MONDAY - FRIDAY 9:15AM-1:15PM
In this special week long program, kids will learn all the skills they need to start climbing indoors, while also getting to learn and practice many of the skills and techniques applicable to outdoor climbing. From belaying, ascending, rapelling, anchor building, and more, our intructors have created an experience that will interest, excite, and challenge anyone from a climbing novices who wants an intro to the sport, to a veterans looking learn new skills.
• $400 full week
SUMMER CAMP COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Please read the safety protocol measures we are taking to ensure that all campers and staff stay safe and healthy during the 2020 summer camp season.
- Each session will have a maximum of 12 participants, with no camper attending more than one session per day. Additionally, no instructors will staff more than one session per day. For spacing purposes, every session will have its own pick-up and drop-off times. See below for full details on our pick-up and drop-off procedure.
- Participants and staff in each session will maintain physical distance and avoid interactions with other sessions. There will be a maximum ratio of 1 instructor for every 5 climbers per session, with a head instructor assigned to each session.
PICKUP AND DROPOFF
We will be implementing a pick-up and drop-off schedule for each camp session.
AM Camp - 8:50 Drop-off / 12:15 Pick-up
PM Camp - 12:35 Drop-off / 4pm Pick-up
RockOn! - 9am Drop-off / 1pm Pick-up
- Our parking lot will be divided into two lanes, with the lane closer to the building designated for pick-up and drop-off. Parents will wait in their cars for an instructor.
- During drop-off, instructors will approach your car. They will confirm all children being dropped off have a completed health screening. Instructors will then escort the kids into the gym, where they will have their temperature taken and wash their hands before joining camp.
- During pick-up, an instructor will approach your car to confirm which kids you are picking up. They will escort the kids from the gym to your car.
- Please note we will keep a list of adults that are approved for pickup for each child. Anyone picking up that is not on the list must be confirmed prior to pick-up.
- All employees will be screened daily before entering the gym. This includes a brief questionnaire about any current symptoms as well as temperature checks.
- Screening will be completed daily for each child. Each camper must have an online health screening form completed and temperature check completed before camp each day. This form must be completed the night before or the morning of camp.
- For everyone's safety, if you answer yes to any of these questions, your child will not be allowed to attend camp that day.
- Any camper displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home at the staff's discretion. These symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- The screening questions are:
- What is your child's First and Last name?
- Has your child been in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for or has had symptoms of COVID-19?
- Has your child tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Has the child experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Masks must be worn in the gym at all times. Instructors must wear a mask anytime they are interacting with campers regardless of distance.
- Campers are permitted to take off masks while outside (but will still be encouraged to wear them).
- Campers are permitted to remove their mask to drink water and during snack time, but only if they are more than 6 feet from another person. Snack time will be staggered so no more than 5 campers at a time will have snacks.
- Campers will be assigned to a cubby at the beginning of the week. This will be their cubby for the entire week of camp. Rental gear will be stored in each camper's cubby for the duration of the camp week. Campers will not share rental gear or any other personal items.
- Campers will not be permitted to use the water fountain. Please make sure they bring enough water! We will have bottled water available for purchase.
- Campers will be reminded about distancing and encouraged to stay more than 6 feet apart from each other. Instructors will remain more than 6 feet from campers as often as possible, unless safety requires them to be closer.
- Camper and staff will wash hands upon arrival, between all activities, after using the restroom, before eating, and before leaving.
- Shared objects and commonly used surfaces will be disinfected after every camp session.
- Parents will not be permitted inside the building during camp, to minimize risk.
- If a camper or instructor tests positive for COVID-19, or are suspected of having COVID-19, we will follow the disinfection and operating procedures detailed in NY State’s “Guidance for Child Care and Day Camp Programs”. This procedure includes a 24 hour shutdown period for disinfection and not allowing any individual who made close or proximate contact with the confirmed or suspected case to return to TRC for 14 days.