Are you passionate about climbing, eager to learn, and a fantastic team player? We'd love for you to join us at TRC! We're always looking for driven people for any role, but we'll post any specific job openings on this page.
Front Desk Staff
The Rock Club (TRC) is a huge indoor climbing and bouldering gym located in New Rochelle, NY and we are looking for amazing people to join our team of fun, energetic, talented, committed, and unique people.
As a front desk person at The Rock Club, you are the first person someone meets when they come to climb. You build and foster our community, you get people to try things they never thought they could, you create relationships with people from diverse backgrounds. You are the face of TRC!
Beyond this, your duties and responsibilities are critical to our business as you will be:
• Handling customer phone calls and walk-ins
• Operating the retail POS systems to complete sales and track inventory
• Supervising all belayers, facilitators, and instructors
• Maintaining the gym's daily schedule of events
• Selling climbing memberships (for commission!)
• Promoting and selling the gym's programs, products, services, and events
• Providing general supervision and oversight of the gym and completing gym maintenance
• Administering Climbing Safety Tests
• Excitement to learn basic rock climbing -- already a rock climber, even better!!!
• 1-2 years work experience in a customer service or sales-based field
• At least 1 year supervisory or leadership experience
• A quick learner, ability to juggle multiple tasks in a busy environment, and ability to think on his/her feet
• Superb communication, time management, organizational and follow-up skillz
• Has a high initiative, strives to complete projects, and is detail oriented
• Willingness to obtain First-Aid and CPR certifications & readiness to deal with any crises or emergency situations as necessary
• Age 21 and up
• Flexible availability-includes evenings and weekends, 15-30 hours a week--willing to commit for up to a year
Basic Windows-based computer skills - ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Hourly wage + commission + discount in retail store + free climbing + free use of The Studios at Pine Brook Fitness + prodeals after 30 days
Please reply with the Job Title, Cover Letter specific to the position, and a resume. if you do not include all 3, you will not be considered.