Are you passionate about climbing, eager to learn, and a fantastic team player? We'd love for you to join us at TRC! We're always looking for driven people for any role, but we'll post any specific job openings on this page.
Job Title: Front Desk Associate
Compensation: Starting at $16-$18 per hour
Employment Type: Full time and Part time
The Rock Club (TRC) is a climbing and bouldering gym located in New Rochelle, NY. Founded in 2006, The Rock Club is a longstanding part of the climbing community with its own dedicated and welcoming community.
Working the front desk at The Rock Club, you are the face and ambassador of our gym and the first person someone sees when they come to climb. Whether they are brand new to the sport or long time members, your interaction with them sets the tone of their experience at TRC.
We are looking for dedicated people to join our front desk team to help with the gym’s day-to-day operations and help grow and foster our community.
- Answering customer phone calls and questions
- Operating the retail POS systems to complete sales and track inventory
- Supervising the safety of staff and customers in the gym
- Maintaining the gym's daily schedule of events
- Selling climbing memberships (for commission!)
- Promoting and selling the gym's programs, products, services, and events
- Providing general supervision and oversight of the gym and completing gym maintenance
- Administering Climbing Safety Tests
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Excitement to learn basic rock climbing -- already a rock climber, even better!!!
- 1-2 years work experience in a customer service or sales-based field
- At least 1 year supervisory or leadership experience
- A quick learner, ability to juggle multiple tasks in a busy environment, and ability to think on his/her feet
- Superb communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Has a high initiative, strives to complete projects, and is detail oriented
- Willingness to obtain First-Aid and CPR certifications & readiness to deal with any crises or emergency situations as necessary
- Age 18 and up
- Flexible availability-includes evenings and weekends, 15+ hours a week--willing to commit for up to a year
Basic Windows-based computer skills - ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Hourly wage + commission + discount in retail store + free climbing + free use of The Studios at Pine Brook Fitness + prodeals after 30 days
To apply, please reply with a cover Letter specific to the position and a resume.